• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkinard

What is the name of your state? Texas

I want to marry an illegal immigrant. He has been here for two years, and is currently employed with the city that we live in. They know that he is not here legally. He has no I.d., no ss#, or anything, his family in Mexico will not send him any identification papers because they do not want him to stay here. what do we need to do? Will he get into alot of trouble because he has been here so long without getting caught? And, can we just get married anywhere without any i.d. for him of any sort and then file for citizenship later after the marriage? How does this work? thanks in advance for your input.

I am NOT an attorney.

As far my knowledge goes, it is VERY hard for an illegal alien (meaning the one who entered the US without any document, passport, visa, inspection) to be able to get permanent residency, but each case is a different case.

Due to its difficulty, your case requires an attorney, and you can look at yellow pages or groups in your city for imimigration attorneys who offer a free consultation, where you will be able to know more details.

There are many options but all of them risky.

If he doesnt "exist", he could leave and come back with his passport and visa, but there is NO guarantee he could get a visa or be allowed entry at the border/airport.

Also, he could leave, you could apply for a K1-visa (fiance visa) and see if that works (and might be risky too)

Please read about K1 visas at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm

best of luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">