• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Bites Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valntn

What is the name of your state? Alabama
Our neighbor's dog ran out into the road on Jan. 21 and bit my child on the bottom while he was riding his bicycle. My husband & I made a police report since this is the third child one of 4 dogs belonging to this family has bitten & we are at least one of three families that have previously talked to them about their dogs. They chase children, nip & try to bite. Another neighbor & the owner's own child, neither reported their dog bites. My child was taken to an after hours Dr. & it was determined that he had two puncture wounds. The neighbor said she would pay for any medical bills that insurance does not pay. The next day, I delivered an almost $90 bill for antibiotics to her husband at their house & have sent them a certified letter & received no money as of today & am still waiting for more medical bills. There is no leash law in our city, but neighborhood covenants restrict animals from roaming. I would like to take them to small claims court & get all of my medical bill money. It is his house, but her dog. Who would I put on the claim & do I have a chance of winning. The police do have a picture of the bite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">