• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Negliegence in a major fast food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torid1200

What is the name of your state?Illinois

I have a few issues that i need advise about both are involving negligencethat caused food poisoning. My son ate at a restaurant,I ordered a breakfast value meal w orange juice and there was a large object found in his drinkin cup(from the fountain machine which I still have), the restaurant was informed,also the manager of the store and the home office by phone and website. The manager of the store called and apologized and stated we would be compensated for the hospital bill and etc.I took a day off work and my son was sick for almost 2 weeks.I still have the object that fell in my son's drink, i even reported them to the Dept of Public Health. I filed a complaint with them but nothing was ever received from the insurance company or major chain to date. I would like to know if I can sue them for neglience or just throw the materials away.

Then I had a case of food poisioning in Dec 2003, I ate a omelet at my work, the company was notified a claim # was given to me and I was told I would be notified, and nothing was done. I also was so sick for about 2 weeks my employer didn't give me anytime off all emails where ignored, I was on antibiotics and again nothing was done. I have called both establishments and they say nothing is on my file in regards to the claim both incidents have hospital documents/doctor bills.I no longer work for the company where the incident occured but approximately not 1 month later the person that fixed the omelet was moved to another location.I just want to know on either one of these accidents is there a case to be filed.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

torid1200 said:

I have a few issues that i need advise about both are involving negligencethat caused food poisoning. My son ate at a restaurant,I ordered a breakfast value meal w orange juice and there was a large object found in his drinkin cup(from the fountain machine which I still have), the restaurant was informed,also the manager of the store and the home office by phone and website. The manager of the store called and apologized and stated we would be compensated for the hospital bill and etc.I took a day off work and my son was sick for almost 2 weeks.I still have the object that fell in my son's drink, i even reported them to the Dept of Public Health. I filed a complaint with them but nothing was ever received from the insurance company or major chain to date. I would like to know if I can sue them for neglience or just throw the materials away.

Then I had a case of food poisioning in Dec 2003, I ate a omelet at my work, the company was notified a claim # was given to me and I was told I would be notified, and nothing was done. I also was so sick for about 2 weeks my employer didn't give me anytime off all emails where ignored, I was on antibiotics and again nothing was done. I have called both establishments and they say nothing is on my file in regards to the claim both incidents have hospital documents/doctor bills.I no longer work for the company where the incident occured but approximately not 1 month later the person that fixed the omelet was moved to another location.I just want to know on either one of these accidents is there a case to be filed.
**A: and on each of these incidents, tell us what damages you suffered.

You Are Guilty

torid1200 said:

What exactly was the "object"?

Why in the world would you employer be liable to you because you ate a bad omlette?

torid1200

Re:

My son when he got sick was ill for about 2 weeks and I missed work only 2 days,but it is the aftermath of thinking about eating out. It was a small cup the girl that filled it up with oj should have seen the object in the cup, the whole object ( black object ) including the little parts from inside the fountain machine that fell in the cup where inside, it was disgusting that my son drank all the juice.My son was 2 years old at the time I informed the hospital and took the items to them when we went, the er nurse noted the info and informed the doctor.The flithy object left behind stuff in the cup that could be visible to any person that looked inside. It was the manager and a claims officer at the major food chain that stated that my son should be compensated and that the insurance company will take care of the hosp bill but we never recieved anything from the insurance company or them for that matter.

When I ate a omlette from the cafetria of my former workplace I was told by the doctor that it was old eggs that made me sick 1 hour after I ate it I was extremely ill, he diagnosed it as salmonella poisoning.I was on antibotics for 10days and it was stated by Aramark that a claim will be submitted for my doctor bill and nothing was ever done about it. The chef that prepared the food was clearly responsible he got removed from there 1 month or so after it happened I was given a claim number for both cases but nothing was ever done. Supposingly investigations were suppose too be conducted but I never received any information or conclusion.

If a major food chain can make a person sick and not be held responsible for it ,please let me know I will throw the items away. It was just brought to my attention that something should have been done by the insurance company.

teflon_jones

Why was your son sick for 2 weeks after eating his breakfast? Did the doctor diagnose food poisoning?

You're not entitled to anything for finding the object in the oj. It didn't harm your son. It was merely an unpleasant experience.

In the other case of food poisoning, the establishment would be responsible for your immediate medical bills. They are not responsible for you feeling sick about it for weeks afterwards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">