• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell in front of grocery store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robbalou

What is the name of your state? California. Recently I slipped and fell in front of a local grocery store. It was raining and I slipped right in front of the entrance door to the store. The manager came right outside as if she seen it happen. The security guard also saw it happen. My whole body is sore and I had just had a cast removed from my right wrist. Now my wrist is really really sore from the fall. Can this store be held liable for my fall?. A report was taken and I was told it would be forwarded to the corporate office. What should I do next? I havent been seen by a doctor yet. Should I contact them for pain and suffering?

HomeGuru

Robbalou said:
What is the name of your state? California. Recently I slipped and fell in front of a local grocery store. It was raining and I slipped right in front of the entrance door to the store. The manager came right outside as if she seen it happen. The security guard also saw it happen. My whole body is sore and I had just had a cast removed from my right wrist. Now my wrist is really really sore from the fall. Can this store be held liable for my fall?. A report was taken and I was told it would be forwarded to the corporate office. What should I do next? I havent been seen by a doctor yet. Should I contact them for pain and suffering?
**A: no.........

Lynx 36

Robbalou said:
You have no case. It's your own fault you fell, not the store's. Your the typical poster on here. Always looking to blame someone or something else f/ your own actions so they can try and make a quick buck.

Last edited:

teflon_jones

I think you should sue the manufacturer of your shoes for not providing soles that gripped well enough in the rain. At the very least, they should have put a warning label on them saying that they may cause you to slip and fall on slick surfaces.

jity

teflon_jones said:
I think you should sue the manufacturer of your shoes for not providing soles that gripped well enough in the rain. At the very least, they should have put a warning label on them saying that they may cause you to slip and fall on slick surfaces.
I agree, but then they could easily say improper use. AKA operator error

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">