• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not really a drug charge but.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Prank

State: Florida

Heres the story, i went into a gas station to buy a pack of ciggarettes and noticed the guy behind the counter didnt check my id. So i attempted to purchase a beer. Sucessfully i walked out with the beer, no I.D. check. While i was getting in my car an undercover officer approached me and asked for my id and age etc....After finding out i wasent 21 he wrote me up a notice to appear in court. I did so and this being my first offense i was offerd pre-trial diversion. (I also saw the gas station attendant at court paying a $75 fine for selling the beer?) I accepted and attempted the process. I later found out i was responsible to pay for over $600 in fees to avoid going to court. I wasent employed and i couldnt possibly pay it so i dropped out of the program. Almost 6-7 months went by and i finally just now recieved a second notice to appear in the mail. Im thinking about pleading not-guilty to see what kind of deal i can get......

What would be the rammifications of this and would it be the best way to go? If this is a bad idea should i plead no-contest or just guilty?

Last edited:

SuperDj

Well they offered you an easy way out and you did not get a job or borrow the money and attempt to take the easy road... Shame on you! Typically I would say worst case scenario you get probation, fines, community server, however, since you are wasteing their time the judge might get upset and make the setence a bit harsher. No matter what you almost ALWAYS have to pay a fine so that 600$ is probably going to look like chump change soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">