• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horrible living conditions....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Girl6

What is the name of your state? Washington State (Seattle)

Our HOA fired the grounds keeper back in September 2004. It was stated that they were paying too much for his services.It is now mid-way thru February 2005 and they have yet to replace him :mad: This previous 'lawn guy' just came out with a leaf blower MAYBE once per month.

Our complex is simply nasty. The leaves and trash have piled up and is now decomposing in the parking lot. Moss is growing out of control and is becoming a health hazzard. The fences are just about rotted out and are falling...

NOTHING has been cleaned at this complex since last Fall!!

Im forced to pay $250.00 per month and they've said that dues will increase over the next quarter.

This complex has no other facilities. It had a cabana that was closed before I purchased my unit over 4yrs ago because they didnt want to pay for the up keep...from what I hear, it used to have a sauna that is rotted away.

Ive sent letters, but nothing has been done. I even had someone from the board ask why I was 'making trouble when they are just trying to save money'. :eek:

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Girl6 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State (Seattle)

Our HOA fired the grounds keeper back in September 2004. It was stated that they were paying too much for his services.It is now mid-way thru February 2005 and they have yet to replace him :mad: This previous 'lawn guy' just came out with a leaf blower MAYBE once per month.

Our complex is simply nasty. The leaves and trash have piled up and is now decomposing in the parking lot. Moss is growing out of control and is becoming a health hazzard. The fences are just about rotted out and are falling...

NOTHING has been cleaned at this complex since last Fall!!

Im forced to pay $250.00 per month and they've said that dues will increase over the next quarter.

This complex has no other facilities. It had a cabana that was closed before I purchased my unit over 4yrs ago because they didnt want to pay for the up keep...from what I hear, it used to have a sauna that is rotted away.

Ive sent letters, but nothing has been done. I even had someone from the board ask why I was 'making trouble when they are just trying to save money'. :eek:
**A: talk to the other owners and present a written plan of action to the Board. Hire an attorney if needed.
You better take action soon and review your reserve study as the HOA reserves are low and a huge special assessment is in your future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">