• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

years later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjd27

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maine
State of Maine now on Colorado
Married in 1979, we moved to Connecticut she always went back to Maine at least once a year for several months each year. 1984 insisted on being at her moms until September when she suddenly demanded to return she didn’t get there till the end of November June 7th a child was born premature as she stated he was over 9 lbs Disappeared in spring of 1987 March for two weeks returned like nothing happened disappeared again in May 1987. Didn’t see her till 1988 when by then I was divorced during which time she moved back and forth so I couldn’t locate her for any visitation.
I didn’t know this at the time but every time she went to Maine she collected checks from the state. In 1990 the State of Maine forced me to relocate to their State because my oldest tried to kill herself. This stopped her from moving back and forth as well. I lost a very good paying job. Anyhow we go to court and agree after the DHS people forced us to go to court and make all papers legal, the outcome -0- for me -0- for her.
At some point in time after I moved to Colorado 1994-95 they went back to court The State of Maine insisting I had lied to them and that the -0- was fraudulently obtained. It was at there request we go to court they claimed no knowledge. We were back in court the State insisted on mediation then the state refused to attend even though they brought this to court. Instead they filed on the motion and told no one. This was during 1993-1994 I was gone the last thing the judge said to me was nothing to be paid until mediation. Suddenly this is all over my credit I call them I resolve it many years go by I try to buy a house all goes through till closing when one of the credit places say I owe 90,000.00 to the State of Maine (2002) I attempt to resolve this they leave me alone for two years but refuse to fix my credit report. In 2004 they decide they want to arrest me unless I comply. When we had a hearing the CMO acts like this is only yesterday.
All along I’ve informed them that she was lying fraudulently collected checks was not a state resident when she got the divorce in fact I even showed them she got a DUI 2 weeks before we were divorced with a Connecticut license in CT. She refused me all visitations I drove over 500 miles every other weekend to find a note “I had things to do” Now over 10 years later they decide they overlooked this and are now bring me to court. I was refused paternity test in 1992.
My question is isn’t there some sort of statute on this. My youngest lives with me from a different relationship they say has no bearing even though she needs constant medical attention. She’s claims the youngest of ours is not mine but wants me to pay for three kids which one of them I had custody of she was working at the time I was not. The judge said -0- but they are saying that order doesn’t count. I’ve a lawyer up there but it’s a small town in Maine and the public can’t say much otherwise they are harassed by local police. Every time I find some law that may work for me they say it doesn’t apply.

LdiJ

pjd27 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maine
State of Maine now on Colorado
Married in 1979, we moved to Connecticut she always went back to Maine at least once a year for several months each year. 1984 insisted on being at her moms until September when she suddenly demanded to return she didn’t get there till the end of November June 7th a child was born premature as she stated he was over 9 lbs Disappeared in spring of 1987 March for two weeks returned like nothing happened disappeared again in May 1987. Didn’t see her till 1988 when by then I was divorced during which time she moved back and forth so I couldn’t locate her for any visitation.
I didn’t know this at the time but every time she went to Maine she collected checks from the state. In 1990 the State of Maine forced me to relocate to their State because my oldest tried to kill herself. This stopped her from moving back and forth as well. I lost a very good paying job. Anyhow we go to court and agree after the DHS people forced us to go to court and make all papers legal, the outcome -0- for me -0- for her.
At some point in time after I moved to Colorado 1994-95 they went back to court The State of Maine insisting I had lied to them and that the -0- was fraudulently obtained. It was at there request we go to court they claimed no knowledge. We were back in court the State insisted on mediation then the state refused to attend even though they brought this to court. Instead they filed on the motion and told no one. This was during 1993-1994 I was gone the last thing the judge said to me was nothing to be paid until mediation. Suddenly this is all over my credit I call them I resolve it many years go by I try to buy a house all goes through till closing when one of the credit places say I owe 90,000.00 to the State of Maine (2002) I attempt to resolve this they leave me alone for two years but refuse to fix my credit report. In 2004 they decide they want to arrest me unless I comply. When we had a hearing the CMO acts like this is only yesterday.
All along I’ve informed them that she was lying fraudulently collected checks was not a state resident when she got the divorce in fact I even showed them she got a DUI 2 weeks before we were divorced with a Connecticut license in CT. She refused me all visitations I drove over 500 miles every other weekend to find a note “I had things to do” Now over 10 years later they decide they overlooked this and are now bring me to court. I was refused paternity test in 1992.
My question is isn’t there some sort of statute on this. My youngest lives with me from a different relationship they say has no bearing even though she needs constant medical attention. She’s claims the youngest of ours is not mine but wants me to pay for three kids which one of them I had custody of she was working at the time I was not. The judge said -0- but they are saying that order doesn’t count. I’ve a lawyer up there but it’s a small town in Maine and the public can’t say much otherwise they are harassed by local police. Every time I find some law that may work for me they say it doesn’t apply.

I would suggest consulting with another attorney. Perhaps one that is close to that area but whose entire practice doesn't revolve around that community.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">