• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What form needs filled out to be deported?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alh2174

What is the name of your state?FL

I have been trying to find on the INS site what forms/paperwork need to be completed for deportation. My boyfriend is having to go back to Jordan and will be moved from regular county jail to the INS holding facility next week and he wants to know if there is anything he can fill out/file before hand to make the process faster? He is not fighting anything, he just wants to go home. And do you know about how long he'll have to be at the INS faciltiy before being sent back? Will he be able to bring a small bag w/ him on the plane? Change of clothes, wallet etc?? ANY advice you can give would help me out! THANKS!

shs157

Hi,

I cannot offer much advice, but I can tell you what happened to a friend of ours who was in a similar situation. He was also not fighting anything and just wanted to go home. He was held in the regular jail for 5 months and then moved to the INS facility. He was there 3-4 weeks before being deported. He was allowed to bring only what he had in jail with him (which obviously wasn't much). The rest was shipped home by friends. I really don't know if there are forms you can file, but I don't believe so. We had 2 lawyers go visit him to see if they could expedite the process, to no avail. He ended up being in jail for a total of six months. Good luck to you and your boyfriend. I'm sorry you are going through this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">