• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Us Citizen/ Illegal Spouse EWI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

listen2yrkids

What is the name of your state? Virginia :(

I am a US citizen and my husband has no legal status in the US. He EWI in 1999. We have no children. Is there any hope for us to ever make my husband legal in the US without requiring him to return to Guatemala for the process? We have proof of our soon to be 4 year relationship and Wedding Pictures. We just want to go on with our lives and start a family however, this is issue must be resolved prior to all of that. PLEASE HELP US!!!

Last edited:

evcalyptos

listen2yrkids said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia :(

I am a US citizen and my husband has no legal status in the US. He EWI in 1999. We have no children. Is there any hope for us to ever make my husband legal in the US without requiring him to return to Guatemala for the process? We have proof of our soon to be 4 year relationship and Wedding Pictures. We just want to go on with our lives and start a family however, this is issue must be resolved prior to all of that. PLEASE HELP US!!!
If he EWI, he -must- leave the US to get legal status. It is not an impossible task, but it will require you to be organized and patient.

There is an excellent discussion group specific to your topic here: http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Suggest you read the pinned threads before posting; you will be amazed at how many there are in your shoes.

listen2yrkids

evcalyptos said:
If he EWI, he -must- leave the US to get legal status. It is not an impossible task, but it will require you to be organized and patient.

There is an excellent discussion group specific to your topic here: http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Suggest you read the pinned threads before posting; you will be amazed at how many there are in your shoes.

If my husband leaves the US we will loose everything that we have worked do hard for. How am I supposed to support myself and continuing paying our debts that we have jointly? Is there any possibility of the laws changing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">