• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Responsibility?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhutton

What is the name of your state?

Massachusetts.

Briefly, I own a condominium (townhouse). The underground water line leading to my unit sprung a leak. A company was hired by the Management Company to find and repair the problem.

The problem is this:

The water meter(s) is located in a pit some 6-8 feet distant from my unit.
The leak occured after the meter and in common area before the pipe entered my unit.

The Management Company claims that I am responsible for the water charges.

(For the record, the bill quoted 559,160 gallons used since July 1, 2004. I have, in 20-odd years, never used more than the minimum gallonage charge, which is 15,000 gallons. The dollar amount is $3,120.29)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doug H.

HomeGuru

dhutton said:
What is the name of your state?

Massachusetts.

Briefly, I own a condominium (townhouse). The underground water line leading to my unit sprung a leak. A company was hired by the Management Company to find and repair the problem.

The problem is this:

The water meter(s) is located in a pit some 6-8 feet distant from my unit.
The leak occured after the meter and in common area before the pipe entered my unit.

The Management Company claims that I am responsible for the water charges.

(For the record, the bill quoted 559,160 gallons used since July 1, 2004. I have, in 20-odd years, never used more than the minimum gallonage charge, which is 15,000 gallons. The dollar amount is $3,120.29)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doug H.
**A: per your CC&R's, who is the owner and/or entity responsible for repair and maint. of the actual water line that broke?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">