• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft Prescribed Pain Medication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gladyce

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

My neice worked for a private party as caregiver. The woman called the police and told them that Tina had stolen her pain medication (morphine). She filed a formal complaint.
The deputy told her :confused: that she either has to appear at 1:00 P.M. tomorrow to take a polygraph test or she will be issued a warrant and arrested.
To be honest, I cannot say whether she did this or not. She is 28 years old. I am just concerned that she will do the wrong thing by taking a lie detector test. I thought it is not legal in court.
PLEASE someone tell us what her legal rights are in this situation. She cannot afford an attorney.
Thanks
Gloria

BlondiePB

Don't you think that the date the pain medication was filled was checked with the prescribed usage and the pharmacy records? :rolleyes:

S

seniorjudge

Polygraphs are worthless.

Have your daughter take a lawyer with her to the cop shop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">