• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L2 visa extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deepak_h_desai

What is the name of your state? MI

I am on L1 visa. My visa is expiring on 05/16/2005. My spouse is on L2 visa and has EAD which is expiring on the same date. She is presently working. My company has applied for extension and we have received the receipt notice from INS which states that the extension process might take 100 to 150 days.

As per INS directive we should apply for EAD extension 6 months before the current EAD expires. But my L1 visa is under processing.

Question : Can my spouse apply for EAD extension using the receipt notice of L1 extension? Please note that I have not received extension approval it is under processing, what I have received is just the receipt notice and LIN number for the same. Can she attach the copy of this extension receipt with the application for extension of EAD and apply for EAD extension?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">