• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation - Duty to Prevent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reardonep

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Is there an affirmative duty for someone who is able to do so to prevent or to attempt to prevent a defamatory statement being made about a second person by a third person? If not, can the person who falied to act be sued under Massachsuetts law for negligent or intentional infliction of emtional injury?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

reardonep said:

Is there an affirmative duty for someone who is able to do so to prevent or to attempt to prevent a defamatory statement being made about a second person by a third person? If not, can the person who falied to act be sued under Massachsuetts law for negligent or intentional infliction of emtional injury?

My response:

If you weren't so serious, I would have thought this was a candidate for my "Most Stupid Post" contest!

The answer to your question is, "No".

IAAL

Lynx 36

reardonep said:

The 1st Amendment is a beautiful thing.

Lynx 36

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

If you weren't so serious, I would have thought this was a candidate for my "Most Stupid Post" contest!

The answer to your question is, "No".

IAAL
No way. Read the post about accidental shoes in the dangerous and defective products forum. That puppy takes the cake of any I've seen on here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">