• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unknown florida

What is the name of your state?
Florida
I had a slip and fall in walmart. the store has basicly admitted at being at fault. there was mayo on the floor that had aooeared to have been there for a long period of time. I did not see it on the floor so i slip and fell. walmart is now trying to make a seattlement with me before i get a lawery. would it be a good ideal to settle without consulting with a lawyer. I thought about making a offer to them to see if they would go with the amount i offer them or to see if they will only be will to go with the amount the offered me. CONFUSED what should i do?

abaga

unknown florida said:
What is the name of your state?
Florida
I had a slip and fall in walmart. the store has basicly admitted at being at fault. there was mayo on the floor that had aooeared to have been there for a long period of time. I did not see it on the floor so i slip and fell. walmart is now trying to make a seattlement with me before i get a lawery. would it be a good ideal to settle without consulting with a lawyer. I thought about making a offer to them to see if they would go with the amount i offer them or to see if they will only be will to go with the amount the offered me. CONFUSED what should i do?
I'm not an attorney, but thought I could possibly help.

About 8 years ago, I was picking my car up in the Valet Parking area. I stepped off the curb and went in to a hole that was not easily seen. I tore a ligament from the fall. I did contact my attorney about it, and his advice was to see what the management wanted to do in terms of the bills, settlement, etc. When the management offered me a settlement, I spoke with the attorney again, and he felt it was more than fair for what had happened and suggested I take it. I could have gotten a bit more if I had the attorney handle it, but after fees are taken out, I wouldn't have ended up with too much more than what they offered me without an attorney.

So, I am saying, see what they offer and go from there. I don't know what your injuries are as you don't mention them, but keep that in mind.

stephenk

how hurt were you? how much are your medical bills? how long did you treat? how much have you been offered? how much do you think you should settle for?

S

seniorjudge

Q: I thought about making a offer to them to see if they would go with the amount i offer them or to see if they will only be will to go with the amount the offered me.

A: We don't have enough info to answer your questions. One thing you might think about is that the lawyer will take a hefty chunk out of whatever you get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">