• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of coke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbitojose

New York State

Last night I was arrested for possession of a small quantity of coke. The police officer told me that it was a misdemeanor and I was let go without posting bail. The problem is that I've been in this country for 10 years and my visa expired some time ago. I have an arraignment in april. What are my rights? Is it likely that I will be deported because of this charge? What are the laws in NYC. Can you go to jail for having a small amount on you. Please advise!! Thanks!

bobbitojose said:
New York State

Last night I was arrested for possession of a small quantity of coke. The police officer told me that it was a misdemeanor and I was let go without posting bail. The problem is that I've been in this country for 10 years and my visa expired some time ago. I have an arraignment in april. What are my rights? Is it likely that I will be deported because of this charge? What are the laws in NYC. Can you go to jail for having a small amount on you. Please advise!! Thanks!
You can be deported if you are convicted of this charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">