• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I130 Petition For Relative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frenchy92024

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA

Greatings and thank you in advance

I am a LPR received through my son a US Citizen

On Sept 7 2004 I filed I 130 for my wife (french citizen and resident of France) to become LPR. We get married in 2003

On sept 10 2004 I received notice of action I 797C (receipt Notice for the 185 US dollars)

I am familiar with the process....but I need feedback on how long it generally take in REALITY to obtain a LPR for petitioned wife.

Officially USCIS mentioned 4-5 years.... Is it the regular waiting period? is there any way to accelarate the process?

Your contribution will be appreciated

:) :) :) :) :)

ImmigAttyLana

There is no way to accelerate the process and it will take about 4-6 years before your wife would be eligible to immigrate on the basis of this approved I-130. It is highly likely that you will be naturalized as a US citizen and convert the petition to an immediate relative petition before the visa priority date will be current for the current family-based preference category.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">