• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lana-visa waiver and missing green stub question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BCgirl

What is the name of your state? NJ

My aunt is from Scotland and she has visited the United States and Canada many times. Twice, while crossing in a car between these two, she and my uncle did not turn in their green stubs at the bottom of their I-94 tickets as they left because they didn't know they needed to. Now, they've been told that until they clear this up, they cannot reenter the States. They have found the green stubs and gathered all of the bank statement, etc that they were asked for and sent them to Kansas. There is apparently no way for them to contact anyone in person in Kansas. She is coming over in April for my renewal-of-vows ceremony and is afraid she will be stopped at the airport and denied entry. How can she find out if this issue has been resolved so she can enter the States for a few days? Any help or places where I can find answers would be greatly appreciated.

evcalyptos

BCgirl said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

My aunt is from Scotland and she has visited the United States and Canada many times. Twice, while crossing in a car between these two, she and my uncle did not turn in their green stubs at the bottom of their I-94 tickets as they left because they didn't know they needed to. Now, they've been told that until they clear this up, they cannot reenter the States. They have found the green stubs and gathered all of the bank statement, etc that they were asked for and sent them to Kansas. There is apparently no way for them to contact anyone in person in Kansas. She is coming over in April for my renewal-of-vows ceremony and is afraid she will be stopped at the airport and denied entry. How can she find out if this issue has been resolved so she can enter the States for a few days? Any help or places where I can find answers would be greatly appreciated.
The solution I've always read about is for Auntie to pack her copy of everything she sent in, including evidence of her presense in the UK, to have ready for the border agent at her POE.
Have you visited the London Consulate's help page on the subject? You can also email them for information; they're pretty good about replying quickly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">