• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Card- FYI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lestmary

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? SC

For all SC residents who have applied for I-485 through marriage- be prepared to wait 3-4 years for green card!

We applied in July 2001- had fingerprinting appointment January, 2004- green card interview in June, 2004- approval in July, 2004- received welcome letter and green card stamp February, 2005. The immigration officer informed us it can take up to a year from the time of approval to receipt of green card. She commented we were lucky to get it in only 6 months time. The reason for this is probably because I got the Senator involved to monitor our case. During the pending process we had to reapply for the I-765 work permit three times. So after three years, 6 months, and 21 days- my husband is now officially a lawful permanent resident!! The good news is that since the whole process took so long- my husband is now a 10 year LPR- we got to skip the conditional LPR step.

As of February 2, 2005- the Charleston Immigration Office is now located at 1 Poston Road, Suite 130. This location is much easier to get to than the downtown one. Also- parking is free :)

Hopefully the process will become more efficient so that in 3 years when we apply for citizenship it will go much faster. Good luck to everyone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">