• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury Deliberation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bpoppa

What is the name of your state?Washington
Just curious and stressed out, its day 2 and the jury is still not back. myself and co-defendant are each facing the same four charges: 1) Unlawful Manufacturing of a Controlled Substance 2) Unlawful Possession of Anhydrous Ammonia with Intent to Manufacture 3) Unlawful Storage of Anhydrous Ammonia 4) Possession of a Controlled Substance. Is it good or bad for the jury to still be going? Wish I had found this site a long time ago! Does anyone know of any other sites like this, that are free?

Last edited:

CdwJava

bpoppa said:
What is the name of your state?Washington
Just curious and stressed out, its day 2 and the jury is still not back. myself and co-defendant are each facing the same four charges: 1) Unlawful Manufacturing of a Controlled Substance 2) Unlawful Possession of Anhydrous Ammonia with Intent to Manufacture 3) Unlawful Storage of Anhydrous Ammonia 4) Possession of a Controlled Substance. Is it good or bad for the jury to still be going? Wish I had found this site a long time ago! Does anyone know of any other sites like this, that are free?
If there are multiple counts and multiple defendants, they could be going through each one.

I hope you will cease manufacturing after this ... even if you do manage to skate.

I once watched a house burn down with a two year old child in it as mom and dad meth cookers fled to save their own hide. That day will haunt me 'til I die. It was a fireman who found mom when she came back to the scene ... we had to pull him off of her (he was the same fireman who found the charred remains of the little boy). We seriously debated going for coffee first.

Cooking meth. kills. And most of us cops have NO sympathy (read: zero, none, zilch, and zippo) for meth cookers and users.

- Carl

bpoppa

Exactly

Carl, thank you for your reply. Since you are in law enforcement and familiar with the "meth epidemic", may I share a story with you and ask you a question? A major source of the funding for our police comes from, guess what? You sound like someone who's intelligent and not knowing you personally, I can only assume, sincere. Meth is a problem that is not only abused by its users but also by the very people whom are responsible for stopping/controlling it. Let's not forget that many of them fall into the user category as well, in fact many more then one might want to believe. I took a plea the first time because I was guilty. This time however, I am not guilty of even one of the charges. That does not mean I did not consider a plea, since trial is a roll of the dice greatly affected by the size of the wager one can make. (O.J.) You and I may be on opposite teams so to speak but we are members of the same club in that our lives have both been affected in some way by Meth. I don't believe that there is one person who's been on Meth more than 6 mos that will tell you they swear by it and there isn't one who can truthfully say its recreational. Where I live a man was involved in several "sex clubs" as were many of his employees. Many of whom he had affairs with. He wanted to get his wife involved, the mother of his two young children. She wanted no part of it. As their marriage was falling apart and they had seperated, the accusations began to fly. One afternoon they passed each other on the street and after chasing her several miles through town he followed her into a shopping center in broad day light, witnesses everywhere, and gunned her down in front of the two children before turning the gun on himself, he was our chief of police. He didn't skate or maybe he did I can't say for sure, but what he didn't do was something to actually stop the problem which was and still is Meth. He only helped it grow.

CdwJava

bpoppa said:
A major source of the funding for our police comes from, guess what?
From what?

Meth is a problem that is not only abused by its users but also by the very people whom are responsible for stopping/controlling it.
How so?

Let's not forget that many of them fall into the user category as well, in fact many more then one might want to believe.
Who? The cops!? Wow ... glad I don't work where you live.

I don't believe that there is one person who's been on Meth more than 6 mos that will tell you they swear by it and there isn't one who can truthfully say its recreational.
Meth. becomes the dominating motivation for many, many, many of its users. And as you said, it is hardly "recreational."

... and gunned her down in front of the two children before turning the gun on himself, he was our chief of police. He didn't skate or maybe he did I can't say for sure, but what he didn't do was something to actually stop the problem which was and still is Meth. He only helped it grow.
Bad news.

However, that is by far the exception and not the rule.

The fact that this happened in no way mitigates the problem, and also in no way indicates that the police are part of the problem when it comes to meth.

- Carl

bpoppa

Exceptions

I'm sorry but, when it comes to Meth there are no exceptions and there certainly are no rules. Meth does not discriminate

CdwJava

bpoppa said:
I'm sorry but, when it comes to Meth there are no exceptions and there certainly are no rules. Meth does not discriminate
And you have some proof that there are all these cops running around using meth., I presume?

Not knowing where you live, I can't say one way or the other. I KNOW that's not the case out here. But, if you live in some backwater part of a backwards state, maybe it can happen. For most of us, it just isn't gonna be.

Sure, it doesn't discriminate. But the chances of a cop even starting to use meth. are very remote - though possible.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

Q: Is it good or bad for the jury to still be going?

A: There are too many variables for a sensible answer to that question.

harbor14

The place he is talking about is Tacoma. The chief shot his wife and then himself back in 2003 and no meth was not involved.

The charges he is facing possession of AH, storage of AH means those items were present at his residence.

AS far as his diatribe about the police using it, baloney. As far as stopping it, try stopping waves at the beach.

CdwJava

harbor14 said:
The place he is talking about is Tacoma. The chief shot his wife and then himself back in 2003 and no meth was not involved.

The charges he is facing possession of AH, storage of AH means those items were present at his residence.

AS far as his diatribe about the police using it, baloney. As far as stopping it, try stopping waves at the beach.
I recall all too well the Tacoma incident. But, since he hadn't mentioned where he is from, I could only assume he was speaking of another incident that might well have been meth. related ... though I THINK I would have heard about it.

And, well, CA didn't do itself any favors with our Prop. 36 - it effectively gives two free arrests for possession or influence. It just means we have to pop them 5 or 6 times before they do any time and get a chance at drying out.

Meth. IS a disease.

- Carl

<Bill>

What's the point are you trying to rationalize your crimes by claiming cops commit them to ??
Yes criminals come from all walks of life but what does it have to do with your dilema ??

O

OhBullship

<Bill> said:
What's the point are you trying to rationalize your crimes by claiming cops commit them to ??
Yes criminals come from all walks of life but what does it have to do with your dilema ??
I agree! It doesn't matter who else is using, since you were caught. I hope it is taking so long to decide because the jury is trying to figure out a way to give you the death penalty. Carl is right, meth is a disease and since it hasn't killed you yet, I wish the system would.

Meth might not discriminate, but decent people resist the temptation to ever start it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">