• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TallyCouple

What is the name of your state? Florida

Currently our 14 year old daughter is in Pennsylvannia with her aunt. We sent her there as she is completley out of control and had been abusive to my wife and I. On five seperate occassions while she was in our home we had to call the police and have her Baker Acted into a mental health facility. On the last occasion she grabbed a large knife after biting kicking and hitting us and was trying to stab us with the knife so we left the house and called the police. While awaiting the police she locked herself in the house and started breaking things and cutting things with the knife. When the police arrived she would not let them in so they had to breakdown the door to gain access. Upon confroting our duaghter she still would not put the knife down and the police officers had to use a tazer to disable her. After being in the mental health facility she still states if she has to come home she will either kill herself or us, preferebly us. We had nowhere else to turn no agencies would help us and the police would not press charges, in fact they were about to charge us with abandonment if we did not pick her up from the hospitol. This led to us sending our daughter to my sister's house in Penn. while we tried to figure out what to do. She is getting along with her Aunt and her boyfriend as she is allowed to do whatever she wants, dating a 17 year old unsupervised etc. My sister is now seeking child support through the courts (due to public assistance), and we still do not know what to do. We cannot afford to pay child support when we have a home here our daughter is choosing not to be at. We would just like to either relinquish parental rights or find a way if possible for my sister to adopt her. Please Help us find a road to travel we are completely lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">