• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession, without having; false info in police report.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sethuhdiah

What is the name of your state? New Orleans

I was arrested in new orleans for possesion. I was standing next to a man smoking a joint, but it was entirely his. I was asked what I was doing twice by the cops and told them this man was telling me a story. The cop told me that if I lie, she "will make my life a living hell." I was then arrested.

The report now says possession of marijuana, a joint. It also says that I willingly admitted to the crime.

This is not true, I possessed no joint, and I admitted nothing to them.

My lawyer looked at both of the reports and they were exactly identical. This would mean there were two joints, and that both of us admitted willingly to this crime.

I am wondering if there is anything that I can do about the false information that the police entered for this report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">