• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any thing we can do? (LPR/B2 couple)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iUSB

What is the name of your state? AZ

Hi, here is my situation. I am a LPR and can apply for USC this March. I married my wife last year at home country and she entered as B2 last year, stayed for 3 months and went back. She came here again on Feb with B2 and will deliver our first baby coming May. And since she can stay 6 months, she and baby would have to leave again on Aug.
So here is my question, is there any way to have my wife with me until I (hopefully) get my USC done? If I file i-130 now, is she be considered as pending status and don't have to leave? Will file I485 help? She doens't need EAD or AP etc, as long as it can make she keep her legal status until my USC, we will be happy.

Any help? Thanks.

Another thought, under highly unlikely situation, should I get USC before her I94 expired, which forms should I file to prevent her from leaving?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">