• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo parking spot dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gallan97

What is the name of your state? Florida

We will close on the purchase 2/28. Buying from original owner who was originally assigned underground space 25. Under verbal arrangement 10 years ago she traded with another owner for an above ground spot. We want the original spot. original owner is willing to help, but the original assignment was not in writing. "first come, first serve" seems to be the way the pots were assigned. There is no master list. So question is does her first come choice of spot 25 still stand, or does the verbal arrangement trump it?

HomeGuru

gallan97 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

We will close on the purchase 2/28. Buying from original owner who was originally assigned underground space 25. Under verbal arrangement 10 years ago she traded with another owner for an above ground spot. We want the original spot. original owner is willing to help, but the original assignment was not in writing. "first come, first serve" seems to be the way the pots were assigned. There is no master list. So question is does her first come choice of spot 25 still stand, or does the verbal arrangement trump it?

**A: look on your title report and the CC&R's Declaration. What is the number of the parking stall assigned to your condo apartment unit as referenced in the CPR documents?

nextwife

Also, some condos include the parking spot as part of the legal description. As in: "Unit 12 in Building 12, and underground parking spot 32 in garage 12". When I bought my condo, I had both an outside numbered spot and a garage spot conveyed to me in the deed.

If the spots are via deed, then they can ONLY convey what they own of record. Look at the title report and see what reference there is to an assigned spot.

S

seniorjudge

Q: does the verbal arrangement trump it?
A: No; in real estate law, if it's not in writing, then it didn't happen. If it's in writing, then that's the way it happened.

Run for the board. Political power is great.

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
Q: does the verbal arrangement trump it?
A: No; in real estate law, if it's not in writing, then it didn't happen. If it's in writing, then that's the way it happened.

Run for the board. Political power is great.

**A: you sure do like quoting yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">