• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe21

What is the name of your state?louisiana

I recently joined the marine corps this week under open contract, delayed entry program. I was told before joining that I could leave after may 28 because that is when my sisters wedding is. Now the recruiters are telling me that I have to leave for boot camp within the next 2 weeks. They are telling me that I will be back in time for the wedding but I know that if something happens in boot camp I could be held back a week or 2. I am hearing different things from people as to what I can do. I was told from a friend that it is not too late to back out of joining because I sign the final paperwork on my shipping date, if someone who knows can help me it would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Take it up the chain of command, ask to talk to the recruiters commander. he might not know what his men are doing under his nose. by getting you to leave by a certaint date they may receive some sort of incentive. and that may be the reason that they are trying to get you to leave in two weeks.

and if the chain of command thing doesnt work, then follow the steps neccesary for disenrolment from DEP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">