• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some health insurance questions resolved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeremy pittman

What is the name of your state?florida my wife is from the czech republic as well as is my step daughter. they arrived in america 5 years ago. although we have been married 4 years we are unable to afford health or life insurance, and imm. papers cost in the thousands. what are our options regarding health coverage as my wife may be ill. i can't believe that there are no options for women and children who are here from abroad and can't work or even get a drivers licence for that matter. is there anything that can help my family??

I am NOT an attorney.

Well you didnt give too many details but I will make some assumptions and try to help.

If you are an American Citizen you can have a job and health insurance for your wife/daughter.

If you are an American Citizen you can file for wife/daughter to be legal and therefore they can have their own health insurance.

If you are an American Citizen it will cost about $2,000/$3,000 to file all the forms without a lawyer.

Also, you might have the option of trying temporary health insurance that covers 6, 12 or 18 months. Those go around $50 to $200 per month depending on a lot of the answers to their questions and ages involved.

If you are a Legal Resident, you also can work and have health insurance, apply for your family to be legal and have temporary insurance.

Now lets get to the worse.

If you are here illegally, unfortunatelly I cannot say much.

Normally, the Hospital/Emergency Room has to treat you one matter what their situation. The problem is that you will be responsible for the VERY VERY expensive bill.

You said "i can't believe that there are no options for women and children who are here from abroad and can't work or even get a drivers licence for that matter. is there anything that can help my family??"

That depends on your situation. There is no much option for illegals, but if you are a legal resident or US citizen there are options.

Also, look at the internet and do a search for church groups or some local Immigration associations. They are not attorneys, but paralegals and alike that help people with the forms.

There is help for people in situations like yours, and they assist filling the form, getting all the documents together, and some church groups even help with the fees. Go around looking for help in your city and ask people.

You can also look for some Immigration attorney in your city. A few offer free consultation for 15 or 30 minutes and I am sure this will help you.

best of luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">