• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who has authority??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike Krausman

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Texas

Can the property manager at a condo complex forbid me, a condo owner from having a guest at my own home because they don't want the person on the property?

In this situation the management company did not want a former contractor they used on the property after his services were terminated to return there. Contractor had made several friends at the property while working there, including me, and agreed not to return to the property in exchange for receiving final payment for his services.

Contractor was arrested when visiting several friends who invited him to a meeting at our condo complex and contractor feels that the only action for breaking his agreement would be to return the money he accepted for his promise not to return to the property. I agree with him and refuse to believe that they can tell us who can and who can not be a guest at our own home.

I am told that property manager can keep anyone they want off the property or any properties they manage.

Any thoughts?

HomeGuru

Mike Krausman said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Texas

Can the property manager at a condo complex forbid me, a condo owner from having a guest at my own home because they don't want the person on the property?

In this situation the management company did not want a former contractor they used on the property after his services were terminated to return there. Contractor had made several friends at the property while working there, including me, and agreed not to return to the property in exchange for receiving final payment for his services.

Contractor was arrested when visiting several friends who invited him to a meeting at our condo complex and contractor feels that the only action for breaking his agreement would be to return the money he accepted for his promise not to return to the property. I agree with him and refuse to believe that they can tell us who can and who can not be a guest at our own home.

I am told that property manager can keep anyone they want off the property or any properties they manage.

Any thoughts?

**A: the answer is yes they can.

nusias9

OK, you are posting twice under the same name.

1st posting you cliam to be the condo owner!

2nd posting you claim to be the contractor!

People will respond to you in a negative fashion over this.

HomeGuru

nusias9 said:
OK, you are posting twice under the same name.

1st posting you cliam to be the condo owner!

2nd posting you claim to be the contractor!

People will respond to you in a negative fashion over this.

**A: kinda reminds me of the movie Alias.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">