• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over 18 certificate of citizenship U.S father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trubrit22

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Nevada
My son was born to me, a British citizen, in England in 1969, his father was an American serviceman. We have searched for his father for years, and finally found him via the internet. His father lives in the north east of the United States and wants to help my son get citizenship. We have hit a brick wall! It seems that the child must be legitimized by his/her 18TH birthday to recieve a certificate of citizenship. My son is currenly in the U.S on a H1B visa, working as a scientist. My son's father had no idea that he had a son until we contacted him. Surely the INS cannot penalize a child for not being able to find his/her father until after their 18TH birthday. Any help will be appreciated. Dianne

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">