• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparent's appointed as temporary gardians

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pumba

What is the name of your state?Alabama
My son and daughter-in-law are separated. Not legally. But she has moved back and forth to her parents home in the year 2004. My two grandsons have no stability. They are in first grade and preschool. The oldest one is having learning problems in school. The environment at the other grandparents house is not good. One grandparent drinks alot and goes clubing with my daughter-in-law several times a week and leaves the boys with their grandfather. I have talked to my son and he said he would agree to give us temporary gardianship of the boys. Until he gets his home renovated to provide a good home for the boys. They don't have insurance and I could provide this if I had temporary gardianship. What are my chances and how do I go about it?

Last edited:

LdiJ

pumba said:
What is the name of your state?Alabama
My son and daughter-in-law are separated. Not legally. But she has moved back and forth to her parents home in the year 2004. My two grandsons have no stability. They are in first grade and preschool. The oldest one is having learning problems in school. The environment at the other grandparents house is not good. One grandparent drinks alot and goes clubing with my daughter in all several times a week and leaves the boys with their grandfather. I have talked to my son and he said he would agree to give us temporary gardianship of the boys. Until he gets his home renovated to provide a good home for the boys. They don't have insurance and I could provide this if I had temporary gardianship. What are my chances and how do I go about it?
Unless you can prove mom legally unfit (which is NOT easy) your chances are nil. (and going out clubbing while leaving the children in the care of a grandparent is NOT legally unfit) Please do yourself a favor and get a consult with a good attorney...on your son's behalf as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">