• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wahebert

What is the name of your state?Washington State
I was divorced in 2000 in Washington state, and my ex was given spousal support in the amount of $425.00 a month, to be paid on the first of each month.
I now live in Mississippi, and it is nearly impossible to get the payment there right on the first of the month. Is there a grace period that allows me some leeway so I can't get called back into court. I have never been more than 15 days late with the payment. Every bill I have has a grace period, surely the spousal support must have some sort of grace period.
We also know for a fact that she is living with another man who is gamefully employed, as she is employed also. Is there a way to take her back to court to either get this amount lowered or completely done away with.
I am remarried and this $425.00 creates a monatary hardship on us each month.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What's the problem getting it there by about the 1st? 'Cause 15 days late is more than an problem with the USPS.

BelizeBreeze

wahebert said:
What is the name of your state?Washington State
I was divorced in 2000 in Washington state, and my ex was given spousal support in the amount of $425.00 a month, to be paid on the first of each month.
I now live in Mississippi, and it is nearly impossible to get the payment there right on the first of the month. Is there a grace period that allows me some leeway so I can't get called back into court. I have never been more than 15 days late with the payment. Every bill I have has a grace period, surely the spousal support must have some sort of grace period.
We also know for a fact that she is living with another man who is gamefully employed, as she is employed also. Is there a way to take her back to court to either get this amount lowered or completely done away with.
I am remarried and this $425.00 creates a monatary hardship on us each month.
How come I can live (at times) 5,000 miles away from my ex and yet my support payments get there on time, each time, every time?

Ya think it might have to do with the fact that I have automatic bill pay set up and YOU don't?

your excuse isn't much .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">