• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

an question and opinion from a citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

julien

north carolina
i don't understand why the goverment will let a person from another country come into the united states, live here and pay to live but its so difficult for that person to get a green card. i don't understand why their is so many steps a person has to go through to get a greed card or even become a us citizen? i just got through spending time looking at websites on the internet to get information about people who are immagrants and live in the united states. i understand their is laws and regulations that have to be put in place to have order in the flow of immagrants coming in the united states, but once that person is here then why make it so difficult to stay. i see their is a lottery set up to give people green cards but i think that is bull****. it gets people's hopes up and it give no time frame. you have to pay and each year an immagrant spends money on one chance a year to get one. i know huge amounts of immagrants come in the united states each year but don't make it difficult to stay if you let them in. why don't you just keep them out if you don't really and truely want them to stay? i'm not trying to talk trash about the goverment but to be realistic then what i'm saying is the truth.

mmm_2000

I understand what u mean. You are right.
But the government lets foreigners come to US with certain goals, like to study (F1 visa), exchange visitor programs (J1), K1 if and american citizen wants to marry that foreigner, visitor visa etc. and they expect you to stick to that purpose. In many cases the foreigners will try to change their status, especially if he/she comes from a poor country.
The only visa I think it's bul***** is H1, witch gives you the right to come and work in US and after you spend 4-5 years in US, living here, buying stuff here, making friends etc thay expect you to go back to your country...
H1 is a straight way in getting residency and being an immigrant.
They should just leave it up to each individual if they want to stay here and get a green card or if they want to go back to their country.

That's my opinion...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">