• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

h1b visa questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terrisamaz

What is the name of your state?NC

Hi! I am currently on an OPT training. I have never been out of legal status and my employer would like to sponsor me for the h1b visa ( I will be the first one working there on that kind of visa). The job description does not specify “bachelor in Spanish required”, but my degree in Spanish is very helpful in my daily job duties. I work at a health center, which is a county institution and my responsibilities are helping English and Spanish speaking clients.

1. Although the job description doesn’t specify “degree in Spanish required”, can I still get the h1b visa?
2. Is the health center cap exempt or should I wait until april 1 2005 to file?
3. Since the health center is a county / government institution are they exempt from any of the fees that accompany the h1b visa?
4. My boyfriend is a green card holder. Provided that we get married, can I remain in the USA?
5. My OPT ends in May. Can I stay legally in the USA beyond the expiration date on my OPT card and for how long? Also, is that grace period only for travel or can I work?
Thank you in advance for your reply! I am looking forward to hear from you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">