• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My chance of being approved for an H1B?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Norman D.

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi Atty Lana. If you could just answer this one last thing. (thank you so much by the way for your previous answers)

I am actually a licensed PT for NY with a current registration. But I am on a tourist visa (on a first extension of stay) which is about to expire before April. I will leave the country because I do not want to overstay here. (i just do not want to begin my career in the US in the wrong foot)

Now, is there a good chance that I can come back here if someone from NY will be willing to sponsor me via a working visa? (i believe that I have the credentials, I hold a bachelor's degree in PT and a PT license in NY) It's just that there are skeptics out there who are saying that I may not be able to come back since I have extended my stay here.

I just need your opinion on this. And probaby a lot of encouragement too.

Thank you very much!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Norman D. said:
It's just that there are skeptics out there who are saying that I may not be able to come back since I have extended my stay here.

My response:

My only hope is that it's true. There are plenty of American PT's that would love to have your job, and feed their children, and pay their bills. But, they're not being hired by your boss because YOU'RE THERE!

Get out!

IAAL

Norman D.

Get A Life Iaal!

That's not really the case right now dude. The U.S. lacks healthcare workers and YOU have to face it. And why are you so bitter with everything?

GET A LIFE!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Norman D. said:
That's not really the case right now dude. The U.S. lacks healthcare workers and YOU have to face it.

MY RESPONSE: I don't have "to face" anything. The U.S. has Physical Therapists. They're a dime-a-dozen. I'm an attorney, whose practice is 30% "personal injury". So, I know what's out there.

And why are you so bitter with everything?

MY RESPONSE: I'm not bitter "with everything". I'm "upset with foreigners" who have no business coming to the United States without any special skills. You're just a common, run-of-the-mill physical therapist. Americans need jobs, and you're robbing an American of a livlihood.

GET A LIFE!

MY RESPONSE: I've got one. Soon, you'll be spending yours back home. Be a therapist back in Canada. There's a job waiting for you.

Now, go away like a good little foreigner.

IAAL

Norman D.

Get A Life!

I'm afraid an unprofessional attitude like yours has no place in this forum.

GET A LIFE! YOU ONLY THINK YOU HAVE IT BUT YOU DON'T!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Norman D. said:
I'm afraid an unprofessional attitude like yours has no place in this forum.

GET A LIFE! YOU ONLY THINK YOU HAVE IT BUT YOU DON'T!

My response:

So, all because I don't agree with you, and because I don't want you in the United States, I'm "unprofessional"? Gee, maybe I'd better agree with you. That way I'll get my professionalism back.

Go home.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">