• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crushed dreams

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hismotheralways

What is the name of your state?Montana
My son has a history of sexual violence against him and at age 12 he become a perp himself. He gave himself up and was sentenced. He was made to complete sexual sycho evaluation and therapy for the next 6 years until his 19th birthday, he was also made to register as a tier one sexual offender. He has always wanted to join the Navy after he graduates. His grades are fair, his asvab was very high and every branch of the service was hounding for him to join. He turns 18 in May and will graduate this year. He is doing so well with counciling that his therapist is going to put in for an early release. so we went ahead and started the process of getting him into the Navy. When they did a check of his background they found the offense and stated that he would not be able to join any branch of the service becuase of this. Even though his record will be sealed when he completes his sentence, they say that they will not take him. I have been told to ask about a Exception File. I have no idea what this is. Is the information that we are being told about him not being able to join true and is there such a thing as an Exception rule or file?

I doubt that they would wave that offience, to let him into the military. the military is cracking down on all of that EO stuff, and for them to wave a know sex offender is very unlikly. in there eyes he woild be a time bomb. and if anyone in his unti found out about his past. his life could become pure hell. its not easy to get into the military anymore, i have had good jobs that were easier to get, then enlisting.

good luck with whatever else your son decided to do. even if the military were to take him, i dont think that it would be a good choice considering his past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">