• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 and on the move... hopefully

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamesstites223

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

:cool: I am a rather independent 17 year old who moved to Michigan about a year and a half ago from Minnesota. I have a strong desire to move back and I was wondering if it were legal for me to move out of my home at the age of 17 with one year left in high school. I am plenty capable of taking care of myself and I feel ready for the real world. I also feel I belong back in Minnesota. But am I allowed to do it? :confused:

BL

What does this have to do with SS disability ?

As for your general Question . If you can provided the Necessities to live on for yourself , you can petition to be emancipated from your Parents .

Also , If you are 17 and have a roof over your head and are being provided for it is unlikely A court would interfere . That is not saying your Parents could not Petition the Court to intervene .

If you are asking if you can be eligible for SS disability for yourself at 17 , no . You would a Legal Guardian or Parent to apply , then it is not absolute you would qualify .

When you are 18 , you would be of age to apply for yourself .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">