• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Paraphernalia Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jameslane202

What is the name of your state? NJ. I got caught smoking with a friend and it was his weed and he ate the joint. My car got searched and they found a pipe whitch i admited was mine. I got arrested and booked and received a summons that said i was in possesion of drug paraphernalia speccifcally the pipe and brass screens with intent to inhale a dangerous substance. I go to court on March 1st. What am i looking at here? What should i do?

The Occultist

If it's a first time offense, you will likely be given a chance at a diversion, which would result simply in a probation and the passing of a drug class (effectively, a slap on the wrist). What should you do? Well, if they offer you the diversion, take it. If you don't get that offer, plead guilty. It would be stupid, and expensive, to try to take this to court when you admitted to owning the pipe, which would most certainly be held against you. Even if you plead guilty, you probably won't serve jail time if it's a first time offense. Afterwards, stay clean, and don't so much as look at somebody whom you know has a chance of having marijuana on them, or uses it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">