• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New kink in adoption- also an update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mom2J

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia (for now)

My original post is here regarding the adoption of the child we've been raising.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=797828#post797828

Thank you LdiJ and VeronicaGia, because yes, we've found an attorney to handle this. We did find the birthfather and have his address, but not a phone number, so we're feeling very good to at least have some information on him.

The new kink- I have posted before that my husband is active duty military and we are stationed in Georgia. (He's a little over 2-years to retirement.) We live here and were expecting to retire here, but I guess the military had other plans. We have orders to move to Florida in mid-June. Would it be better to go ahead and proceed with the adoption in Georgia or wait out the 6-months to become residents and start over again in Florida? (Traveling to GA isn't a big issue, because it really is only 5-hours to get back to here, where we own our home.) This is very difficult to know which to do. What are the pros and cons to both, since our attorney won't be able to advise us on the Florida issues? (The birthmom is in Florida and has been a bit "strange". She recently got out of the hospital, where she was for a month, for being off of her meds. So right now, we aren't quite sure what she's going to do. She's a bit erratic.)

Thank you,
Mom2J

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">