• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical exam I-693..Vaccination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brit51

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

I am a British citizen applying for AOS thru marriage. I am finding it difficult to obtain Vaccination records. I know I had them all as a child at school in the Uk, but can't find the paper records. Is it essential to have written records to take with you to the medical exam. There are waiviers but they don't seem to cover this. Appreciate any advice.
Many thanks.

BCgirl

When I went for my medical exam, I brought a signed piece of paper from my family doctor with the dates of my vaccinations, not any originals. It sufficed.

indiana_jones

Or, you could just get all the vaccinations again when you go for the physical exam. That's what my spouse did, as it was quicker and easier then trying to track down medical records from another country when she was a child.

The rates they charge for the physical exam and immunizations vary from place to place, so you can call around and get the best price. The medical exam with all immunizations should be around $250-300.

Brit51

thankyou re medical

Hi , thankyou for the useful advice, I am so pleased to read your replies. Its one less worry off my mind. Thankyou again.

beffkin

Indiana Jones- are you serious about the cost only being $250-300? I was told (by a Swede) that they were around $1000! :eek: (he said when he came over in the early 90's it was about $500 then)

Brit51- have you had yours yet, and if so, what was the cost (in £)? My fiance hails from the Newcastle area, and will at some point have to go through the same thing- so I thought I would get a "heads up" on the cost...

Thanks in advance, y'all!

beffkin

Thanks, melaniee- I'm assuming that you hail from the UK?...

I must admit, I was quite freaked out by the "$1000" quote- my fiance and I are only rich by third-world standards! :eek:

(whew!)

evcalyptos

beffkin said:
Indiana Jones- are you serious about the cost only being $250-300? I was told (by a Swede) that they were around $1000! :eek: (he said when he came over in the early 90's it was about $500 then)

Brit51- have you had yours yet, and if so, what was the cost (in £)? My fiance hails from the Newcastle area, and will at some point have to go through the same thing- so I thought I would get a "heads up" on the cost...

beffkin, your fiance's interview will be in the UK, so it will be different. Appears the cost is £179 from Nuffield, the designated surgeons.

US medical-takers should definitely shop around.. prices vary -widely-.
Also, not having your vaccine record should not be a problem, most people do not have this info. The Panel Doc will interview you as to where you were born/grew up and your age and make a determination of which shots you require.

evcalyptos

beffkin said:
Thanks, O Wise One. £179 is a LOT better than $1000- certainly more affordable!
Start saving anyway :)
Adjustment of Status/AOS for a K-1 will be about $1000 once he gets here, and there will be a period of several months before he gets employment authorization and will have to be unemployed. Not to mention the cost of the wedding! ;)

My spouse's immigration cost us close to $3000. Of course, having him in the US with me is priceless :)

Brit51

medical exam

beffkin said:

Had medical exam and had to have vaccinations, measles, mumps and rubella.
Cost $125.00 for physical $25.00 for Tetanus $75.00 for vaccines. Then they sent me for HIV test $105.00 and tuberculosis skin test which I had to return to have checked two days later. They sealed the forms in an envelope, marked confidential, but told me everything was fine . Cost around $330.00

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">