• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married less than a year, wife wanting alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlaxxx5

What is the name of your state? Fl

My friend, who is the petitioner, has been married less than a year to his wife, and even on the pending divorce, she agrees it was 6 months of co-habitation. He refinanced her house, her credit was to poor to even have her name go on the mortgage, he did a lot of improvements to the home, ie, built a work shop with electric, remodeled kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, did all these home improvements, put in a new a/c system, landscaping and irrigation, They received $25,000 cash out of house when refinanced. She kicked him out of the home at least 10 times during the 6 months. She is now asking for alimony, he was trying to do a simple divorce, no kids or course, and since he is asking for some cash back, only $7000 for all the work and his money put into the home, she is requesting alimony. We of course feel that this is a tactic by her lawyer, and also now requesting he pay for her attorney too. She has lied on her financials. she now only shows $5000 in the bank, but he feels she probably put the money in a trust for her son or gave it to her mother to hide it. She does not make a whole lot of money, but is in a professional field, and does work.
My question....long time getting to it, sorry, Does she even stand a chance of getting alimony??? Thanks for any imput!

carlaxxx5

yes, his name is on the deed, and so is hers. he is giving her six months to refiance the house in her name only....and now, in the motion she is denied that. He does not want to wait longer than that, because want to buy another house, and she has been making late payments on the mortgage.

BelizeBreeze

Take your friend's ear between your thumb and forefinger, pull him in the direction of a real estate attorney and tell him to file a Partition suit.

Then tell him to sit back and enjoy.

ablessin

SHE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL WINNER. I hate women who try to soak men for everything they have.
She kicked him out??????? Get e freaking life. I hope HE wins this case for no alimony. Alimony is a crock of crap in my opinion

carlaxxx5

yes, she kicked him out often. She would let him come back home when something else needed to be done around the house. Or it was payday. She seems to have terrible mood swings, and just can't seem to keep it under control. That is why he always tried to do so much around the house to keep her happy. Well now that she has hired an attorney, this simple divorce is not so simple. And all because she doesn't want to give him a dime. He now needs to get himself an attorney, so that he is not blindsided in anyway. I don't know if her attorney is being very honest with her because she doesn't really have much going on her side. Legally the house is in his name, the marriage was only 6 months because she kept kicking him out, The improvements done to the house was done by him and paid by him, which in turn allowed the house to appraise higher, and she kept the cash on the refinance. It won't be to hard to prove she is not so truthful, about her financials either.....

nextwife

:D Boy does she have a surprise coming!

Ha! That self-centered witch is going to have to either sell and split, or buy HIM out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">