• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not over 55 do I get thrown out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lstranscription

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I own a senior community condo with my mother. I am 50 and my mother is very ill. will i automtatically have to sell this condo if she passes?

I would like to retain a condo attorney to do what I can to keep this condo. It is in both our names. I know that there is a law in California that reads as follows:

:cool: divorce, hospitalization or absence; and

• was either:

• 45 years of age or older;

• the senior’s spouse or unpaid cohabitant providing primary physical or financial support; or

• the senior’s disabled child or grandchild who needs to live with the senior because of the disability.

To read the statutes, click on §§51.3(a)(2), 51.3(e) and 54(b) of the Civil Code.

Thanks . LS.

HomeGuru

Lstranscription said:
What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I own a senior community condo with my mother. I am 50 and my mother is very ill. will i automtatically have to sell this condo if she passes?

I would like to retain a condo attorney to do what I can to keep this condo. It is in both our names. I know that there is a law in California that reads as follows:

:cool: divorce, hospitalization or absence; and

• was either:

• 45 years of age or older;

• the senior’s spouse or unpaid cohabitant providing primary physical or financial support; or

• the senior’s disabled child or grandchild who needs to live with the senior because of the disability.

To read the statutes, click on §§51.3(a)(2), 51.3(e) and 54(b) of the Civil Code.

Thanks . LS.

**A: please do retain an attorney.

GotDairy

Was no one able to answer this question? The reason I'm asking is that I'm have the very same question and I am also 50 years old.

Any information would be helpful!

Karen

P.S. I am in Orlando FL, in a 55+ mobile home park. We own the home and pay rent on the lot.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">