• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

furstrated gf with man's child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ablessin

What is the name of your state? NY

I have a question that folds out into several issues.
The first portion is that my current boyfriend is in the middle of a divorce turning very sticky. She wants "maintenance" (alimony) on top of him providing child health insurance and the court ordered a "temporary" child support of over $350 PER week!!! Now, the past two weeks (this is fairly new order) the child support has been for MORE than what he is actually bringing home!!! This past week it was by more than $100. :confused:
So, I guess I wonder, has anyone been through this? What are we supposed to do while we "wait" for this to finalize? What if we can't afford our rent, the electric bill, and even food? I can see that happening. I am not too worried about our March rent, but everything else. And the rent after that.. I have lost sleep at night worrying about how we're going to make ends meet. While she collects more than $1000 dollars more than she has been for the past 2 years and she still doesn't even provide the kids with the basic necessities.
How can we get the judge to take his living expenses into consideration and also does MY income play a part in this? They're not my kids!! :eek:
I am afraid we're going to be forced to move and that upsets me! I think the court is taking more than the "calculated" amount 31%... plus his employer the health coverage that he pays for premium is (the difference between the single and family plan) is like an extra $80 a week. I want that to be included as Part of the support, not in addition to it. Is that reasonable?
Thanks - any thoughts are appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">