• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enter U.s. Legally Need To Become A Legal Resident?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VAL1098

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA
I ENTERED THE U.S. LEGALLY BUT THEN MY VISA EXPIRED, NOW I'M HERE FOR 12 YEARS. I HAVEN'T FILE OR TRY TO GET ANY INFORMATIONS TO BECOME LEGAL RESIDENT
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO OBTAIN OR BECOME A LEGAL RESIDENT,MY FIANCE HAS A GREEN CARD AND WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE 1993. WHAT DOES HE NEEDS TO DO SO I CAN GET A GREEN CARD OR SOMETHING. WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS....

I am NOT an attorney.

And I am sorry to say that you might need the help of one.

Normally when one overstays his/her visa, and gets out of status, the leniency only comes by marrying an US citizen.

Only after 1 year of overstay, one can get a 10 year ban, so you must be careful on your case.

A permanent resident can get Citizenship after 5 years, so it would be good that your fiance gets to be a citizen and then you can get married much easier.

For more details, I think you should consult with an attorney to make sure you follow the best procedures for your specific situation.

best of luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">