• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desparate help and citizenship needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chandy

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I sponsored my sister who came here in 2002 with an Immigrant visa hoping that whe would be able to work. She is mentally ill and cannot work as much as she wants to. She was also diagnosed with Cancer last month. She is staying with me and I give her all the basic needs. She does not get any Cash benefits, Food stamps, SSI or Medicaid. She will be getting Emergency Medicaid for Cancer Surgery and recovery. That's all. And I am all she has got. Since I am married with a 10 year old son, I am not sure how difficult it will be for us to have her at home all the time especially since she seems to dissipate every 6-8 months when she needs emergency care.
She has no medicaid or anything, is there any way she can be helped on a long-term basis?
Can she apply for US CITIZENSHIP after 5 years of stay? If so, will she be able to get long-term help
Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">