• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Local Gov-Boycotts Individual Publically?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S.Cook

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I started a Civic Organization with Neighbors to OPPOSE a Developement being built by our homes. We filed and Art. of Inc, and registered & everything.
We filed suit in appeals court to overturn a conditional use permit issued by the local board of Adjustment, in violation of their OWN land use plan guidelines, and barely legal according to their own Unified Development Ordinances. That being said?.. I rec'd a letter, ON COUNTY LETTERHEAD, signed, stating that they ( the county ) will "no longer do business with VENDORS that are in litigation with the county.
** My Business is NOT in litigation with the county. It is seperate and apart from what I do as a citizen in my own neighborhood, on my own time.
They are duly filed as seperate entities and have nothing to do with each other. I have heard it was to prevent me from earning $$ to help support the lawsuit ( which it did ) .. lastly the newspaper ran an article quoting the County Manager as saying " nobody lives in a vacuum, THINGS HAPPEN, and you have to be held accountable for YOUR ACTIONS" . My "action"? was initiating the formation of the Inc. of the citizens, and filing the suit, as a corporate entity. Meantime ??.. I have had people at the food market cuss me out.. the treasurer of our Corporation Quit, because hes afraid he won't get a building permit from the county on a pation he wants to build, and my customers won't come to my shop - as we letter trucks and vans for contractors and they say that they won't be able to get permits for jobs they have in progress if their vehicles are seen at my shop..
more than 8K of lost jobs, and a prescription from the local Doc for Paxil, and Im actually selling my house to get the heck outta here.. ( the Doctor incidentally is on my side and moved his practice out of the county- as he thinks the good ol boys have gone tooo far ) ..
My husband was a 20 Yr vet of the Navy.. we put up with seperations and defending peoples "rights" for THIS?..
Im starting to think there are NO rights around here.. certainly not the 1st ammendment.. not if you lose business for simply going against the local good ol boys..that hardly seems fair..
Any ideas Anyone??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">