• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What a Grandma to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GrandmaB

What is the name of your state?Delaware, I had custody of my 2 Grandchildren for 3 years, as a Foster Grandmother, after my Son and his girlfriend lost custody due to neglect. He dranked, she smoked drugs. The house was flithy and so where the kids. Her mother took custody of the other 2 children, one from a previous realtion.
Mother was awarded custody back after completing court ordered programs. My son still hasnt completed his program, lack of funds, her programs were free.
3 weeks after having the children back in her care, she gave me the baby back, could'nt handle the crying, baby was not use to her, seen her only 5 times in her little 2 years of life.
She lives in New York, I moved to Delaware in October, August she decided that she wanted the baby back.
My granddaughter still has not adjusted to the move, cries for me constantly.
Mother stills keeps the house flithy, children do not dress approiately with the weather, mother still getting high.CPS was called again. She cleaned up her act before they came to the house. They left her a letter saying they would be back in a few days since she wasnt home.
Is there anything that I can do. There is a lot to this story, trying to make it short.
MY grandbabies and I need your advise, I am sick over this.My grandson is developing behavior problems since being there. My granddaughter is starting to withdraw, dont want to talk anymore.

Can I take the mother to court and sue for Custody.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">