• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

D.U.I, Posession w/ intent to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

volcomsvge

d.u.i., coke, weed...help please!!!

What is the name of your state? California
I am extremely curious. This guy that I was talking to decided to go on a trip with his friend to Tennessee. THey were both aware of having narcotics in their possession with intent to sell. The driver and the passenger also decided to drink, (driver's car has no license plates) while they were on this trip to Tennessee. Well the car gets pulled over in Oklahoma and searched. The police officer found an ounce of weed and $150 of coke. The driver has a few misd. but nothing else and well now a D.U.I. They are both charged with posession w/ intent to sell. Both driver and passenger are 20 yrs of age. The driver is going to play clueless, well at least that was the plan. The passenger has enough money for a lawyer or attorney but the driver does not, so the passenger wants the driver to take the blame and then the passenger could bail the driver out. The both of them are in a correctional facility in Oklahoma, but from california. The driver has been calling me wondering what is going to happen to him and i have no clue. Since their both not in their home state. Does anyone know if the laws are going to be stricter and what could possibly happen to him? Should he take the blame plan? please someone help so i can tell my friend what to do or at least he can know what to expect...

Last edited:

CdwJava

Your friends are morons.

They face potential prison time for trafficking and possession with intent to sell. If it were CA they would stand a good chance of getting off with diversion and probation ... but, OK is a whole other animal.

Not having a clue about OK law, I can't help you on the specifics. But, they could very well be screwed.

They need an attorney yesterday.

- Carl

mrtoledo

volcomsvge said:
THey were both aware of having narcotics in their possession with intent to sell. ....(driver's car has no license plates) while they were on this trip to Tennessee. Well the car gets pulled over in Oklahoma and searched.
FREE ADVICE

If you are going to be carrying drugs in the car and plan to drive drunk it is a good idea to make sure you have plates on the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">