• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ui Controlled Substance:no File Or Test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?CA
Obviously the events leading to my being falsely charged is a substantial omission,it's with interest of keeping this as short as possible!
Charged with under the influence of controlled substance (was not) and have appeared in court each hearing date since September (case perpetually continued!!),yet DA cannot seem to locate file or test results (8 court appearances thus far) Would it be/or when would it be, appropriate to ask the DA to drop the charge, or should request be made to the judge? What would be the protocol for asking this?

CdwJava

PRINCESSME said:
What is the name of your state?CA
Obviously the events leading to my being falsely charged is a substantial omission,it's with interest of keeping this as short as possible!
Charged with under the influence of controlled substance (was not) and have appeared in court each hearing date since September (case perpetually continued!!),yet DA cannot seem to locate file or test results (8 court appearances thus far) Would it be/or when would it be, appropriate to ask the DA to drop the charge, or should request be made to the judge? What would be the protocol for asking this?
Your attorney can make a motion to dismiss due to lack of evidence. Without an attorney to force the issue, the DA can probably keep tap dancing hoping the test results show up. You should at least have a public defender.

If you don't have an attorney already, get one.

- Carl

Thanks Carl.... I asked Public Defender to make the motion last appearance,however she seemed uncomfortable(?) doing so, and kept pressing whether or not I wanted to go ahead and set trial date. Told her no, I wanted it dropped. She instead continued it. It seems silly to me, since either way, with or without test results, DA will have no case since I am confident that test is negative since I do not use any sort of illegal substance.What a waste of tax dollars and court time isn't it?!!
Thanks again ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">