• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm THAT *******

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

That Guy

Maryland.

About two months ago I started spending time with a woman (non military, no children)from my neighborhood. Nothing was going on as she was/is married (spouse is non military). About 2 weeks ago she decided that she could no longer be "just friends" with me and needed to get out of her marriage to determine what it was that was going on between us. Despite my asking her to stay with her husband (because I didn't want to be "that guy") she told him that she wanted out and so, he moved out.
When that happend we began seeing each other, essentially, as if we were dating. She had contacted an attorny to get the divorce paperwork started, as had her husband. They intended to do this as "no fault".
This morning her husband went back to their home and read all of her / our past e-mails regarding what had happend between she and I over the last two months. Not to mention the last 10 days when the "physical" aspect of the relationship began (after he moved out).

I don't know if he has any intent to bring the military into this, as it is not a State crime and both he and the "girl" are both civilian.
It is her intent to try and take as much of the brunt of this as possible to prevent actions from being taken against me (she has agreed with him to take all the debt and none of the assets...as of right now, anyway).

So how screwed am I at this point?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">