• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Association suing a fellow homeowner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AMarie05

What is the name of your state?I LIVE IN KANSAS.
Association is suing one of the owners in our complex.

I’ll try to give the short version: We had a bad ice storm. More than a week later, our association had not done anything to get rid of the ice (oh, I take that back – they sent out a flyer stating that there is sand in the clubhouse if we need it). Our association is supposed to shovel all ice and snow which they didn’t. There was a lady in the complex who sent out a letter to everyone expressing her disgust with the association. Our association president then sent out a response letter stating that she was going to sue the person who expressed disgust about our association.

So here’s my question – can the association use our money to sue one of our own homeowners? I don’t know whether or not the president is suing on behalf of the association or on her own. I for one do not agree with her suing the homeowner (with our money) but if she wants to personally sue her (with her money) then I can’t really do anything about that.

Please shed some light on this if you can.

HomeGuru

AMarie05 said:
What is the name of your state?I LIVE IN KANSAS.
Association is suing one of the owners in our complex.

I’ll try to give the short version: We had a bad ice storm. More than a week later, our association had not done anything to get rid of the ice (oh, I take that back – they sent out a flyer stating that there is sand in the clubhouse if we need it). Our association is supposed to shovel all ice and snow which they didn’t. There was a lady in the complex who sent out a letter to everyone expressing her disgust with the association. Our association president then sent out a response letter stating that she was going to sue the person who expressed disgust about our association.

So here’s my question – can the association use our money to sue one of our own homeowners? I don’t know whether or not the president is suing on behalf of the association or on her own. I for one do not agree with her suing the homeowner (with our money) but if she wants to personally sue her (with her money) then I can’t really do anything about that.

Please shed some light on this if you can.
**A: post back if and when there is a lawsuit. If you don't know the facts, we can't help you. My crystal ball is broken this week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">