• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexually abused as a minor 16 yrs ago.need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paddymcc

What is the name of your state? washington

im a 31 year old male. from the ages of 14 to 15 1/2 i was sodomized and abused by someone i knew. he was 3 years older than me when it started, 17. it continued when he he turned legal age and i was still a minor.
for a year and a half i was sodomized and sexually abused by this person. also exposed to drugs and alcohol. he coerced me into leaving the state with me, essentially kidnapping me ( i eventually returned about a month later.) this happened in california. this person brainwashed me and exploited me when i didnt know any better, i was a stupid kid looking to be accepted.
my parents eventually became aware of what was happening and involved the police, ete. somehow, strangely, he was never arrested nor faced any ramifications.
about 8 months ago, out of nowhere, i started remembering all these horrible experiences. to say it has negatively affected my life in almost every way would be an understatement. i cant be intimate with anybody, i have nightmares about it, it affects the way i feel about myself, i feel sick and violated and suicidal. i abuse drugs and alcohol to help cope.
i realize at this point i really need to get into some therapy. however, im currently without a job and have no health insurance, nor any money to pay a therapist.
i realize the statue of limitation for a criminal proceeding has run out. i would like to persue a civil suit. or should i persue small claims court? im not looking for a ton of money, just some to get therapy. moreover, i want him to have to go to court and be accountable for what he did. ive contacted a few attorneys and they all seem disinterested. if anyone has any advice or direction as to how i should proceed, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">