• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living On Parents Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KAREN NAQUIN

What is the name of your state? THE STATE WE LIVE IN IS LOUISIANA. THE QUESTION I AM ASKING IS: MY DAUGHTER, HUSBAND AND THREE CHILDREN MOVED IN TO OUR HOUSE AND LIVED WITH US FOR 9 MONTHS. THERE WAS SOME TROUBLE WITH THE SECOND TO OLDESTNOT LISTENING TO US AND BEING DISRESPECTABLE TO US AND HER TWO UNCLE'S.THE UNCLE'S DO NOT LIVE WITH US BUT ARE BOTH SINGLE AND HAVE SMALL CHILDREN. THEY COME TO EAT DINNER WITH US LIKE ANY CHILD THAT LIVES CLOSE TO THEIR PARENTS HOME. WE MADE THE DAUGHTER AND HER FAMILY MOVE OUT. THEY LEFT ALL OF THERE STUFF IN OUR HOME, GARAGE AND EVERYWHERE ELSE.I WHAT TO CLEAN UP ALL OF THE MESS.I HAVE ASKED THEM TO COME AND REMOVE IT , TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE GIVEN THEM OVER THREE WEEKS TO COME AND GET IT BUT THEY HAVEN'T YET. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS STUFF? CAN I GIVE IT TO A CHURCH TO SELL IN A RUMMMAGE SALE OR NOT? SHOULD I JUST PUT IT OUT FOR THE TRASHMAN TO PICK-UP?
I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANYMORE TO DO WITH THEM EVER. WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DISINHERITING OUR DAUGHTER FOR THINGS FROM THE PAST THAT HAS GONE ON TO LONG.

Last edited:

LdiJ

KAREN NAQUIN said:
What is the name of your state? THE STATE WE LIVE IN IS LOUISIANA. THE QUESTION I AM ASKING IS: MY DAUGHTER, HUSBAND AND THREE CHILDREN MOVED IN TO OUR HOUSE AND LIVED WITH US FOR 9 MONTHS. THERE WAS SOME TROUBLE WITH THE SECOND TO OLDESTNOT LISTENING TO US AND BEING DISRESPECTABLE TO US AND HER TWO UNCLE'S.THE UNCLE'S DO NOT LIVE WITH US BUT ARE BOTH SINGLE AND HAVE SMALL CHILDREN. THEY COME TO EAT DINNER WITH US LIKE ANY CHILD THAT LIVES CLOSE TO THEIR PARENTS HOME. WE MADE THE DAUGHTER AND HER FAMILY MOVE OUT. THEY LEFT ALL OF THERE STUFF IN OUR HOME, GARAGE AND EVERYWHERE ELSE.I WHAT TO CLEAN UP ALL OF THE MESS.I HAVE ASKED THEM TO COME AND REMOVE IT , TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE GIVEN THEM OVER THREE WEEKS TO COME AND GET IT BUT THEY HAVEN'T YET. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS STUFF? CAN I GIVE IT TO A CHURCH TO SELL IN A RUMMMAGE SALE OR NOT? SHOULD I JUST PUT IT OUT FOR THE TRASHMAN TO PICK-UP?
I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANYMORE TO DO WITH THEM EVER. WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF DISINHERITING OUR DAUGHTER FOR THINGS FROM THE PAST THAT HAS GONE ON TO LONG.
Lets see....one of their three children wasn't respectful enough to suit you so you threw the entire family out....now you want to give away or sell off their things when they may not have any place to take them.

I am REALLY glad that you aren't MY parents.

hope4me

Thats Pretty Sad

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT THEY ARE ONLY CHILDREN, YES THEY SHOULD RESPECT YOU, BUT MY GOODNESS THEY ARE ONLY CHILDREN AND INSTEAD OF KICKING THEM OUT , MAYBE YOU MIGHT WANT TO WORK WITH THEM AND SHOW THEM HOW TO GIVE RESPECT, REGARDLESS YOU ARE PARENTS DON'T MATTER WHAT.
THE WAY I SEE IT YOU LOVE YOUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, THEY ARE FAMILY.
:mad:

KAREN NAQUIN

You Do Not Understand This Is Not The Only Time That This Has Happened. It Is All The Time. They Are 14 And 13 Years Of Age. I Know That Their Hormones Are Sturring Up But This Goes On All The Time Since They Were Babies. Their Parents Are Divorced And The Father Doen't Support Them Or Cares What Happens To Them. My Husband And I Were Always There For Them And Will Continue, But Will Not Allow Them To Disrupt Our Lives And Our Home. Their Mother Has No Control Over The 13 Year Old, She Does And Says Exactly What She Wants When She Wants. We Have Talked To Her Several Times And All We Get Is That I Am Going To Do What I Want. She Is Headed For Real Trouble Down The Road In Life. It Hurts Us But Do Not Know What Else To Say Or Do To Get It Across To Her That She Can't Be Disrespectful Of An Adult Be It Be Me Her Grandmother, Grandfather,etc...
I Have Tried To Explain To Her Mother That She Needs To Have Respect For Others. Her Mother Tells Me She Doesn't Know What To Do.

LdiJ

KAREN NAQUIN said:
You Do Not Understand This Is Not The Only Time That This Has Happened. It Is All The Time. They Are 14 And 13 Years Of Age. I Know That Their Hormones Are Sturring Up But This Goes On All The Time Since They Were Babies. Their Parents Are Divorced And The Father Doen't Support Them Or Cares What Happens To Them. My Husband And I Were Always There For Them And Will Continue, But Will Not Allow Them To Disrupt Our Lives And Our Home. Their Mother Has No Control Over The 13 Year Old, She Does And Says Exactly What She Wants When She Wants. We Have Talked To Her Several Times And All We Get Is That I Am Going To Do What I Want. She Is Headed For Real Trouble Down The Road In Life. It Hurts Us But Do Not Know What Else To Say Or Do To Get It Across To Her That She Can't Be Disrespectful Of An Adult Be It Be Me Her Grandmother, Grandfather,etc...
I Have Tried To Explain To Her Mother That She Needs To Have Respect For Others. Her Mother Tells Me She Doesn't Know What To Do.
First, I do need to tell you that the rules of this board as that you format your posts in a normal writing manner. That means to please NOT use all caps and to please NOT capitalize every word. Many people won't even read your posts, let alone respond to them if they are written that way.

I am sorry but I do not have much sympathy for you. You threw out your daughter and her family, are disinheriting her, and talking about disposing of her family's things.....all because she has an unruly teenager? I can understand to some extent if you simply cannot handle living with someone who is disrespectful...I wouldn't feel the same way but I can understand. However what I cannot understand is disinheriting your daughter over it or you even remotely considering disposing of her things. To me that is a gross violation of family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">